I cut out the bulkheads and bevelled the pieces for the sides. I didn’t get a chance to glue them on yet.
Here BH2 and BH4, the bow. Forward of BH2 is water tight, that is the smaller one. there will be a access plate in BH4 for storage. BH4 is about 31inches across. In front of BH2 it comes to a pointy bow 2′ forward. All BH are named after there foot station. On the deck side forward of BH2 I will put in an inspection port for the watertight compartment, but I will never use it for storage, just positive flotation.
Here is the temp forms 6 and 8. they make up the cockpit and are 36 inches across. the cockpit is 7′ long between BH4 and BH11. The bottom is 2 feet wide so plenty of room to sleep.
Here is the stern. that little thing is the transom. It is 6′-6″ from BH11 down to that little transom. isn’t it cute? there are deck support beams that run between the transom and BH11.
So far I have spent a total of 2hrs on the build.
so random notes.
I meant to say in my last post that the capacity is 550lbs, NOT 250lbs.
That is BC plywood in the pictures, all with the C side up. I looked through 40! sheets of ply to get these two sheets. By the time I am done with the bottom splice and the bulkheads and ready to buy more ply the stock should have changed over and I should be able to find some more nice pieces.
Please leave comments as it encourages me and insightful comments always help.
Next: Framing the bulkheads and notching them for the deck supports.
if you look at the third from last picture in the following link you can see how the decking will come together. http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/imresboat/index.htm